Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Limited and its affiliated companies (" Hyster-Yale group ") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of Hyster and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is:
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Limited of Centennial House,
Frimley Business Park
Surrey GU16 7SG
Information we may collect from you
Hyster-Yale group does not collect any personally identifiable information from you (e.g., name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) unless you voluntarily choose to submit or otherwise disclose such information to us, including information submitted electronically or disclosed by mail, telephone or fax. We will not sell, trade or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties. We may disclose the information you provide to our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or authorized dealers to help us manage our website and our other business operations as permitted by law. Otherwise, Hyster-Yale group will only use your information to respond to a request by you for information or, if appropriate, to consider your request for consideration of employment with Hyster-Yale group , its subsidiaries or affiliates.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting any further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Hyster-Yale group may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to any advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where you register to use one of our sites by creating a user account, we may collect information which identifies your use of our site: for example, pages visited and files downloaded.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of any service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products and/or services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
If requested, Hyster-Yale group may have one of its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or authorized dealers, or another person or entity, contact you, in which case your personal information will be provided to them to assist in providing customer service to you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hyster-Yale group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our dealer networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you do not wish to be contacted further by an Hyster-Yale group authorized dealer or other person or entity not related to Hyster-Yale group , please contact that dealer or other party directly. Hyster-Yale group does not own or control its independent authorized dealers and cannot control parties with whom it has no subsidiary or affiliate relationship. Hyster-Yale group cannot require dealers or other non-related parties to delete your personal information.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The Hyster®, Yale® and UTILEV® names, and designs, logos and related marks, are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., or its subsidiaries or affiliates, or other owners of such marks. All rights reserved.